We are taking all precautions to ensure that materials on our shelves and those that are returned to us are safe to be handled by members of the public.
Any returned items are not being handled for the recommended period of 72 hours.
If you are feeling unwell or if any member of your household is sick or in isolation, we ask that you refrain from borrowing library materials. This will help us all feel more comfortable and confident with the safety of our collections.
With the delivery of this service, the health and safety of our staff and our customers is our top priority.
Here are the measures we are taking:
- All WPL staff will have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Pick-up locations will have proper physical distancing protocols in place
- Returned materials are quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours
- Intensive cleaning of branches has been done in advance including disinfecting of high touch surfaces
- Regular cleaning and hand washing protocols are in place
We will have designated pick-up areas at all locations for our WPL To Go Curbside Service. Social distancing markers will be in place to help ensure your safety and that of our staff.
When you arrive at your designated pickup location, please have your library card ready.
- Main Library: Park for free in the Dupont Street lot. Follow the signs, walking past the library entrance and along the sidewalk to the side of the building which faces Dupont Street. Our curbside service will be operating out of our auditorium and serving customers on our patio.
- John M. Harper Branch: Enter the turn circle and staff will be there to assist you.
- McCormick Branch: Enter the building through the sliding glass doors at the regular entrance and follow the signs to the Community Room for our WPL To Go service.
Beginning Monday, July 6th, WPL To Go hours are:
Monday to Saturday: 10:30am to 5:30pm
John M. Harper Branch
Monday: 10:30am to 5:30pm
Wednesday to Saturday: 10:30am to 5:30pm
*NEW* McCormick Branch (begins Tuesday, July 7th)
Tuesday: 10:30am to 5:30pm
Wednesday to Friday: CLOSED
Saturday: 10:30am to 5:30pm
Returns will be accepted at ALL WPL locations during WPL To Go Curbside Service hours.
For materials that are returned, we are taking precautions to ensure that our collections are safe to be handled by members of the public and our staff by quarantining returned items for 72 hours.
Note: As a result of our current procedure of placing returned items under 72-hour quarantine, it could take 5 to 7 days for items to be removed from your library account. No fines will be incurred during this period.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.
Apply for a library card online now.
Any existing fines will be put on hold until 2021.
If you currently owe more than $10 in fines & fees and your access has been limited, effective immediately you can once again borrow, renew or place holds on your library account.
If you have questions about overdue items on your library account, give us a call at 519-886-1310 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WPL is following guidelines from the provincial government of Ontario as well as the City of Waterloo and Region of Waterloo Public Health.
We are working extensively on a phased in approach to reintroducing library services. Please check our Library News page for updates.
Don't worry, there were no overdue fines accumulated while we were closed.
Returns are being accepted at ALL WPL locations during WPL To Go Curbside Service hours.
Curbside pick-up is available for everyone including walkers, bicyclists and any other non-vehicle arrivals.
Please follow the posted instructions when you arrive on site at your pick-up location.
At the John M. Harper Branch, we are working in conjunction with our building partner, the YMCA, in planning for the safe reopening of our joint facility to the public. At this time we are unable to bring library customers into the building to use the computers or WiFi.
As we continue with our phased in re-opening, we will continue to review the possibilities for more service to the public. Should you need to access WiFi or use a computer, please book a visit at the Main Library or McCormick Branch.
As we continue with our phased in re-opening, we will continue to review the possibilities for more service to the public.