Waterloo Public Library is now permanently fine free
We are excited to announce that Waterloo Public Library is now permanently fine free! This means that customers will no longer be charged overdue fines. By removing financial barriers like overdue fines, our goal is to make it easier for everyone to access library services.
A reminder that:
- Due dates for your borrowed items are listed on your checkout receipt and on My Account.
- You are responsible for returning or renewing borrowed items on time.
- Borrowed items can be returned to any of our Waterloo Public Library locations.
- You can choose to receive a courtesy email to alert you 3 days before your borrowed items are due. You can also choose to get overdue notices by email or by phone.
Items that are overdue for more than 28 days are automatically billed for replacement. Library cards are blocked when a replacement bill is sent to you. Please return late library materials to ensure you are able to use your library card.
Charges are also applied for items returned damaged.
If you owe more than $20 in fines or fees, your library card will be blocked until items are returned or charges are paid. A blocked card means you may not borrow items, use a public computer, renew or place holds with your library card. Contact library staff to assist you with your holds and renewals.
Customers will no longer be charged overdue fines for interlibrary loan items. Unreturned interlibrary loan items will be billed for replacement.
Paying Fines & Fees
- Online by signing into My Account. This option is only available for accounts owing more than $3. Credit card accepted. Secure, quick and easy.
- In Person. Visit any Waterloo Public Library location (cash, cheque, debit or credit card accepted).
- By Phone. Call 519-886-1310 x185 (credit card accepted).
The library charges replacement costs for items that remain overdue more than 28 days after their due date.
Replacement charges are also applied to items that are lost or returned in damaged condition.
Unpaid library accounts over $50 may be referred to a collection agency.
If you have questions about overdue items on your library account, give us a call at 519-886-1310 or email us at email@example.com.